Monday, January 18, 2016

Growth cannot come by taking the easy way.....

Well..... This has probably been my least favorite week yet. How about
I start with the good.
     We had an amazing church tour with Laura and Juan on Wednesday.
Gino was there to teach with us, and President and Sister Johnson were
also there. We taught lesson three- the gospel of Jesus Christ as we
took them around the church. The purpose was to show why/ how we can
accomplish God's purpose found in Moses 1:39 through His church.
Faith- we started at a picture of Christ, and talked about how we can
increase our faith
Repentance- we were by the bishops office and talked them through the
steps of repentance.
Baptism- we showed them the baptismal font
Endure to the end- we ended in the chapel where we spoke about
renewing our covenants through the sacrament and ended by singing "Te
necesito si."
     It could not have been a better night. The spirit was definitely
on our side, the words seemed to come effortlessly as we bore our
testimonies of each step towards returning to our Father in Heaven in
Spanish.
     Such a special night I will surely remember with some of the
sweetest memories of my mission. Laura and their two girls came to
church on Sunday. Juan will be able to come next week.

     So....... Thursday night through Saturday night I had food
poisoning. Thursday I was feeling horrible all day but we were in
charge of our zone training so we stuck it out, but by the time we got
to our dinner appt at seven it was getting bad. We were at the home of
Dillon Matson, the fresh RM. We knew he was all excited to have
missionaries over- he and his brothers had all cooked a huge dinner
for us. So I felt horrible saying anything. Sooo I just put a few
bites on my plate and tried to do my best with them. Anyways, finally I
couldn't make it any longer so I admitted I was feeling sick all day
so they didn't think I just hated the food. Dillon gave me a
priesthood blessing. Honestly this experience built my testimony of
priesthood blessings.
     Sure enough, we couldn't have left minutes later than we did. I
didn't make it home. No more than five minutes later, right smack in
the middle of Main Street. And all the way home. And it didn't stop
until late Saturday night. It was horrible. The first time I was able
to eat anything was Sunday morning- a slice of bread. I still felt
horrible Sunday morning but I knew we needed to be at church for
Laura, so we went.
     It was a good thing we did. Gino didn't show up for church so
sister smith and I had to translate for her all day. I remembered my
blessing promised I would be well enough to return to what I needed
to- and I knew we needed to be there for them.

Anyways, I'm feeling better today. I'm sticking to a Gatorade and
Powerade diet for now. Thank goodness for pday. We've got a super busy
night tonight and a crazy week ahead so I need to get my rest now.

Maybe one day I'll look back and laugh at this, but not yet. Hahaha.

Church is true.
Hermana Sears


"Sometimes we want to have growth without challenges and to develop
strength without any struggle. But growth cannot come by taking the
easy way. We clearly understand that an athlete who resists rigorous
training will never become a world-class athlete. We must be careful
that we don't resent the very things that help us put on the divine
nature."
-Paul V. Johnson, quorum of the seventy, (President Johnson's brother)

No comments:

Post a Comment