Sunday, April 12, 2015

" I will not leave you comfortless..."

¡Hola!

All is well in Mexico City! No more tornados, earthquakes, or crazy thunderstorms to report this week. And.... no more virus! That was nasty. Easter/ conference weekend was wonderful. Sounds like everyone at home had a great one as well, I am so glad you got to spend it together. So so happy.(: Big thank you to Hunter´s family for the Easter package, and the tide to go pen! Made my Easter extra special. And I´ve used the pen six times already haha, my clothes thank you.
There is now hardly anyone here at the CCM. Our zone has all left, so it´s just our little district, and lot and lots of Latinos. We are the only Americans in the CCM at the moment, so we get to play the minority. The latino missionaries do not like the Americans. They cut us in lines at meals and make fun of us all the time hahah. 
We befriended an Elder Muñoz from Guatemala this week, sweetest guy. Also happens to look exactly like David Archuleta haha. Such a cutie.
In other news, Saturday marks one month!
I am so grateful for Hermana Terry here. I am convinced she is Kelsie (Engen´s) doppelganger. Heavenly Father knew I would need a friend here.  It also just so happens she has a special someone at home too.(: We´re already planning out Cali trip when we get home. Both Hermana Emerson and terry will be going to UVU after our mish, so we all want to live together. 
Back to conference. Never have I, nor will I ever get more out of conference than I will on my mission. For the first time I didn´t fall asleep haha. I really listened to every single word. 
My favorite was Dale G Rendlund. I could talk forever about all my favorite talks, but since time is short I´ll just include my favorite quotes I recorded.
"T´was I, but ´tis not I." (Shakespeare)
And Dallin H Oaks "We are hindered in our faith when we are fearful of our future." 
Jeffrey R Holland- "Men cannot be satisfied once they see the greatness of their potential." 

(Side note: If you can, can you track down and send me the talk Elder Holland gave in the Provo MTC in 2011 to the missionaries? And watch it, you wont regret it. Particularly the last 15-20 minutes where he tells the story of the apostle Peter. 
Also, PLEASE send my patriarchal blessing via missionarypackagemx?) 

Being in a room with hundreds of other (Latin) missionaries listening to the general authorities was so powerful. Half the talks we got to listen to in English, and half were translated in Spanish. 

I continue to have the greatest teaching experiences with my teachers. Even though they are all practice, and not real investigators, the spirit is so so strong in every lesson. I am able to recall scriptures I didn´t even know I knew and my Spanish comes from nowhere. 

Despite conference weekend being so great, I was feeling pretty anxious and overwhelmed Sunday night. More than ever. Anyway, I decided to open my scriptures again before bed. I sat down and opened up where I left off that morning. And I immediately read: (John 14:18)
"I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you." and 27, "Peace I leave unto you, my peace I give unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." And I knew.

It is these little things, these little promptings, a scripture, answered prayers, a letter from home, (an Easter package(: ) that keep you going strong. 
I love the CCM, it is an amazing place. Our teachers are so inspired. The more I learn the more I want to share it. They say as a missionary you have to convert yourself first, and I testify of that. I am more and more converted to Christ every day, and though six weeks is a long time to be in the CCM, in the same few blocks, I am so grateful for the time I have here to prepare. I am 100 times the missionary I was just a few weeks ago. There is no better way to strengthen your testimony, come closer to Christ, and come to love this gospel more than serving a mission. These things help me overcome my fears. 
Si se puede. I can do it. 
Love you all!
Nos vemos. Hermana Sears




No comments:

Post a Comment